Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Robed

We lived among twigs
I hiked in ancient tevas
Was attractive to dirt
and woody scum
Showered weekly at the worst
Nature was simultaneously
Filling our souls
And trashing our bodies
Most times I felt like a happy twig
On rotting leaves
After a soaking rain

We keyed opened the condo
Saw the remote controlled
Fireplace like a hallmark card
Something was gleaming
On the gleaming kingsized bed

A robe.

Perfectly folded
Curling like a finger
Seemingly
Whispering breathily:
“Come here please”

Silent, I touched the fabric
It was like a billion pillows
Packed to a perfect puff
Imagine a black hole of fluffiness
Fluffiness so strong that no fluffy could escape
It was like that
I mouthed, “I love you”
And the robe allowed me
To be
Full-Length Robed
Flowing over me completely
Cascading over my twiggy body
Cataracts of comfort caressing my cares

I looked at myself in the mirror
And I did not see myself
And I could not feel myself
And I was not myself
And it was so nice to live there
And then it was nice to leave

No comments:

Post a Comment