Is something wrong
when the subway delayed
In the early morning leaves
me alone on this platform and
I only ask because
I can't help but compare myself to everything in the tunnel
And sometimes it's not the best.
Imagine having to see yourself
As a place like this
and it comes so easily for me
I'm like the train
delayed
I'm like the wait for the next thing
I'm like a filthy drip into a forgotten pool
rosy with the rust of cheap structures
I'm like that specific reverence
for the shifting beauty of decay
I'm like the rails,
strong, true
On which everything depends
A guiding slender hand
worn by cacophonous connections constantly
I'm like the third rail
Powering the movement of millions of souls
I'm like the millions of souls
And it comes to me easily
Is something wrong with me?
Unable to just stand and be
My breath
replaced
by thought
And the sun is rising
on this place too
its beams coiling
through the cracks
to lightly kiss the forehead
Of this tunnel beneath the earth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment