Monday, October 25, 2010

City Man

I've never faniced myself a city man,
sifting through all the bullshit
like a professional.
Getting up and tieing up and smiling
in the mirror and cursing those dogs,
Yuppie little fucks.

Yippee! I'm a Yuppie!
Paying the rent is easy!
The coffee is so good,
the futons are so replaced
and my feet feel so
decent
on this rug.

Eh,

I can't really call myself a city
man. I'm not
with the push, I'm not in the fire.
When people breakdance in the subway
I sit on my ass and read.
When my friends are out and drinking
I am home and drinking
typing this poem about tonight.

So,

No,
I really don't think I'm a city
man. But I have to say this:

In Brooklyn when you're alone,
perhaps waiting
for company,
it's a much more collective experience

No comments:

Post a Comment