In the morning time beneath blue sky I was spent
Hanging clothes in the breezy sunlight
Seven shirts and a stained sheet but I was thinking about last night
When you told me how I am
Like a dandelion, you said, with billow wings to spare
You didn't notice but I smiled
In spite of overwhelming aches from work that week
I guess I like when girls like you compare guys like me to weedy flowers
And before I could finish the hangings I ran out of pins for the sheet
So I wrapped the cloth around my neck and took off
Straight between gravel alleys looming
Past my piped truck and your laundry mat
Into the vast urban fields honking
Arms in a swing like I was whipping a kingdom of grass
The stained sheet billowing like a thousand seeds spreading
Like I could fly
It was like I could split apart and fly
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment